14 September 2007

i need you so much closer...

i know that in my last blog i talked about the love of God in his forgiveness and ability to bring us to holiness. those are the ideals. that's the big picture. when we get to the practical side of things, it hurts a lot more. we all sin and make stupid mistakes. we know that there's something better, and yet we forget about it and trade it for a temporary, false pleasure. it is hard to see the big picture sometimes. also, it is hard to trust God in times of hardship when everything doesn't really make sense. this life is hard....its so hard to have faith.

that's kind of where i'm at right now.

God, be close to me. give me faith, more faith. help me to take my eyes off of the things of this world. let me be caught up in the splendor of my relationship with you. i need you to work in me. fill my mind and my heart with your love. change me, God. I'm all in.

No comments: